Many of the projects funded via the Energy Redress Scheme involve the development of useful tools and resources that could be of interest and use to other advisers and organisations.
Reports and research
Research into how to better support certain groups of vulnerable people has been completed for a few of our projects. Here is an example below:
Evaluation - Heating Controls for the visually impaired - undertaken by Northumberland County Blind Association
Which heating controls? - undertaken by the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers.
Findings from a Local Energy Advice project - undertaken by Clackmannanshire Citizens Advice
Videos, blogs and podcasts
Some grantees have produced digital media for their clients and audiences.
The Deaf Smart Energy information and resource hub by the Royal Association for Deaf People features a wide selection of short video clips with British Sign Language interpretation. Topics include common energy terms, energy saving tips, different meter types and accessing services such as the Warm Homes Discount and Priority Services Register.
A podcast that engages young adults with energy - YOUTHPOD by Youth Cymru (Spotify)
An example of advice videos from Cosy Kingdom
Scope's promotional video for their energy advice service
Many of our grantees have developed digital or print materials to help spread the word about energy saving. Here are a few examples:
Training and e-learning
Birmingham Disability Resource Centre has developed e-learning modules on the following topics:
- Being a savvy energy shopper
- Keeping Warm and Dry
- Consumer Rights, Billing and Tariffs
Prioritise Me is an online training resource developed by Speak up Self Advocacy to support people with learning disabilities and autistic people to understand the energy market. The package includes easy to understand guides and videos on:
- Billing and tariffs
- Switching suppliers
- Smart meters
- Keeping your house warm
Citizens Advice Purbeck has created an energy advice briefing for their generalist advisors. Please note that some of the content is Dorset Specific. The briefing includes information on:
- Priority Services Register
- Switching suppliers
- Referral options
- Funding schemes
- Smart meters
Promotional material and press releases
Some of our grantees have created promotional materials and press releases. Some examples are below:
- Money Buddies press release from from Burmantofts Community Projects
- Stirling CAB Energy Advice Service press release
- Wirral Globe article from the Sustainable Seacombe's press release
Promotional posters and flyers:
- Cosy Kingdom - energy Advice Leaflet developed by Greener Kirkcaldy in Scotland
- Energy Shedders - leaflet about energy advice linked with Men’s Sheds movement in North and South Lanarkshire, developed by Wise group
- Leaflet aimed at landlords - developed by the Environment Centre in Southampton
- Energy Saving Week promotional poster - developed by REAP in Scotland
- Promotional flyer for new energy saving scheme – developed by Energy Projects Plus in Wirral
- Warm and Well scheme promotion poster in Gloucestershire - developed by Severn Wye Energy Agency
- Warmer Derby and Derbyshire - leaflet to promote the scheme developed by Marches Energy
- Powerhouse Project aimed at Young People – developed by Citizens Advice Cornwall
- Promotional presentation for referral partners - Developed by Marches Energy Agency to promote the services that they deliver to other frontline organisations.
Some of our larger projects are actually the vision from a range of partners working together across a broad area.
Citizen’s Advice Arun and Chichester are delivering the ‘Tackling Fuel Poverty Together’ project, a coordinated home energy support service across Sussex. They are working with the West Sussex Local Authorities, West Sussex County Council, Installers, Community and Health partners to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach to promoting affordable energy for the most vulnerable in West Sussex. You can see their advice website here.